Note: To save attributes, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Definition and examples of attributes
An overlay’s attributes are listed data describing an overlay. The users who edit the map add the listed data to describe the overlay to map viewers.
Note: To view the attributes, the map viewers click on the overlay in the Map View.
|PROPERTY TYPE||Single Family Residential|
|ADDRESS||10393 Abrams Dr|
An attribute-name can be a shared category for multiple overlays.
Create the overlay
- Login to your Scribble Maps account at:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/create(Optional) To learn how to log in, visit this link:
How to login/register
- In the Map View, create an overlay. For example; a marker.
Visit this link to learn how to:
Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
Manually add an attribute to the overlay
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In the Map View, right-click on the overlay.
The "ATTRIBUTES" window will appear.
- Copy the attribute’s name.
For example: "PROPERTY TYPE".Copy by clicking-and-dragging to highlight the text inside the above example’s quotation marks. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + C (for Windows).
- Command + C (for Macs).
- Paste the attribute's name.
Paste by clicking on the empty field under the "Attribute" heading in the attributes window. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + V (for Windows).
- Command + V (for Macs).
- Copy the attribute's value.
For example: "Single Family Residential".
- Paste the value under the "Value" heading in the attributes window.
- (Optional) If you want to automatically add the attribute-name to other overlays, click the "Shared" checkbox on the left side of the attribute's row.
For users who edit the map:The shared attribute-name will be an optional row in the attributes window for all overlays.The shared attribute-name will only be visible if a map editor added an attribute-value.
- (Optional) If you clicked the "Shared" checkbox.
By selecting "ANY", you enable the attribute-value to be any type of data. For example: words, numbers, letters, or special characters.
- (Optional) If you want to add another attribute to the overlay, click the button: "+ Add Attribute".
The button is located under the attribute rows in the attributes window.
- (Optional) If you want to delete an attribute, click the Garbage Bin Icon on the attribute’s row.
- When complete, click the button: "SAVE ATTRIBUTES".
- (Optional) In the overlay editor window, click the "SAVE" button.
View the data in the info bubble
For each type of overlay (not including labels), map users can quickly view the overlay's attributes in the info bubble.
- Select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can hold down the "Shift" button on your keyboard.
- In the Map View, click on the overlay. For example; a marker.
- You will see the info bubble.
The current article explains how to manually add an attribute. You can also import attribute data from a spreadsheet. To learn how visit this link:
Import spreadsheet data to produce markers on a map - (MS Excel/Google Sheets/etc.)
You can filter which overlays are displayed by considering the overlay attributes. To learn how visit this link:
Create a filter to segment which overlays are displayed