Note: To use this feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro Basic account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the Markers
Create all your markers.
To learn how to create markers, visit this link:
Add the markers to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Create the grid
- Create a grid over the markers.
To learn how to create the grid, visit
Count the Markers
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations, Analysis & Plugins".
The Core Operations window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Count" subheading, click on the link: "Markers in Regions".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "Select".
- Click to select the folder from the list.
Check "Add & Show Counts" to include the count in the grid.
Click the "COUNT MARKERS" button.
- A new window will appear, with the total amount of markers within each section of the grid.
(Optional) Click the Download CSV button to save a copy of the grid.
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how; visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool).
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels.