Note: To type-in the length, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Type-in the length
- Select the "Circle Tool" in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "O" button on your keyboard.
Note: In the left-side of the Map View, make sure the "Projection Accurate" checkbox isn’t checked before you draw the circle.
- Draw the circle.
To learn how, visit this link:
- Select the "Edit/Measure Tool" in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In Map View, you will see a pop-up on the left side. Select "Length & ° ".
- Hover over the circle.
You will see the radius line appear where you previously dragged to draw the circle.
- Click on the Precise Adjustment Tool located in the middle of the radius line.
The precise editor window will appear.
- Click the appropriate lock to choose whether the
- The circle’s center will remain in the same place.
- The point on the exterior edge will remain in the same place.
- In the Map View, you will see the lock is where you specified on the circle.
- Under the "Length" heading, click on the drop-down list to select the length units.
If the Metric system is being used, the options are:
If the Imperial system is being used, the options are:
Note: You can change the app’s measurement system between Imperial and Metric. To learn how, visit this link: Settings > Change the length units in Imperial and Metric systems
- Feet Inches - (0’0").
- Nautical Mile.
- In the "Length" field, type in the new length-value. You can also change the length-value by clicking on the up/down arrows.
Between the 2 locks in the precise editor window, you will see how many units are being added/subtracted.
- Click "SAVE".
In Map View, you will see the radius length is updated.
Type in the length of an edge on a rectangle
Type in the length of an edge on a polygon
Type in the bearing of an edge on a polygon
Type in the length of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment
View the length/bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment