Note: To type-in the length, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Draw the rectangle
To learn how, visit this link:
Type-in the length
- Select the "Edit/Measure Tool" in the top toolbar.
Quick Key: Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In Map View, you will see a pop-up on the left side. Select "Length & ° ".
Hover over the rectangle’s edge you want to edit. Then click on the Precise Adjustment Tool located at the midpoint.
The precise editor window will appear.
- Click a lock to choose which corner vertex will remain in place when you change the edge’s length.
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the selected corner vertex.
(Optional) If the precise editor window is blocking your view, click and drag on the border of the precise editor window.
- Under the "Length" heading, click on the drop-down list to select the length units.
If the Metric system is being used, the options are:
If the Imperial system is being used, the options are:
Note: You can change the app’s measurement system between Imperial and Metric. To learn how, visit this link: Settings > Change the length units in Imperial and Metric systems
- Feet Inches - (0’0").
- Nautical Mile.
- In the "Length" field, type in the new length value. You can also change the length value by clicking on the up/down arrows.
Between the 2 locks in the precise editor window, you will see how many units are being added/subtracted.
(Optional) If you want to change the length of another edge, click on either of the buttons: "Prev" or "Next".
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the end-point of the newly selected segment.
Repeat the procedure starting from step #4.
- Click "SAVE".
In the Map View, you will see the edge’s length is updated.
Type in the length of a circle’s radius
Type in the length of an edge on a polygon
Type in the bearing of an edge on a polygon
Type in the length of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment
View the length/bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment