Note: To type in the bearing, you must be logged in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Draw the line
To learn how; visit these links:
Type-in the line’s bearing
- Select the "Edit/Measure Tool" in the top toolbar.
Quick Key: Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In Map View, you will see a pop-up on the left side. Select "Length & ° ".
- Hover over the line or line segment. Then click on the Precise Adjustment Tool located at the midpoint.
The precise editor window will appear.
(Optional) If the Precise Adjustment Tool isn't visible for a line segment, you may need to zoom in.
To zoom in, there are 2 options:
In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the: Zoom-in button, "+".
Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backward to zoom in.
- In the precise editor window, click a lock to choose which end-point will remain in place when you change the bearing.
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the selected end-point.
(Optional) If the precise editor window is blocking your view, click-and-drag on the border of the precise editor window.
- Under the "Bearing" heading, type the new value into the field. You can also change the bearing value by clicking the up/down arrows.
Note: A line’s bearing is measured by starting at North (O°), then rotating clockwise 360 degrees around the locked end-point.
- (Optional - For line segments) If you want to change the bearing of another segment, click on either of the buttons: "Prev" or "Next".
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the end-point of the newly selected segment.
Repeat the procedure starting from step #4.
- Click "SAVE".
In Map View, you will see the bearing is updated.
View the length/bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the length of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the length of an edge on a rectangle
Type in the length of a circle’s radius
Type in the length of an edge on a polygon
Type in the bearing of an edge on a polygon