Note: To blend Basemaps, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Blending Basemaps means adding a base layer that displays sections of a second map on top of the underlying map.
You choose the sections of the second map by creating these shapes: rectangle, circle, or polygon.
Choose the base map
- If you aren't logged in to Scribble Maps already, log in to your account at:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/create(Optional) To learn how to log in, visit this link:
How to login/register
- In the bottom-right corner of the Map View, click on the Map & Data thumbnail image.
You will see the Map & Data window pop up.
- Click to select your preferred map.
Create a shape
In the Map View, draw 1 shape.
To learn how to create a shape, visit these links:
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
Select the mask base layer
- At the bottom of the Layers Panel, open the Base Layers window by clicking the double-arrowheads.
- Click on the (+) button.
- In the flyout, click: "Blend Basemaps".
- In the "SELECT BASEMAP" window, click and drag the scroll bar to view the available maps.
- Click to select the map you want to display as a base layer.
Create the map mask
- In the shape selector window, select the shape from the list.
In the Map View, you will see the mask base layer is now on top of the underlying map.
- (Optional) You can toggle the visibility of the mask base layer.
Click the Eye Icon located on the left side of the base layer's row in the Base Layers window.
(Optional) Add another section to the mask base layer
- In the Map View, find a location on land containing roads.
- On top of the location, draw another shape. For example; a rectangle.
- Right-click on the shape and select "Blend Basemaps".
You will see the editor window titled: "SELECT BASEMAP".
- In the Basemap selector window, click to select the map from the list.
In the Map View, you will see the new section is now part of the mask base layer.
Reorder the stack of base layers
Add a heatmap base layer at marker locations
Add a TMS URL to produce a base layer
Add a WMS URL to produce a base layer
Article is closed for comments.