The purpose of a map legend is to define features in a map. Symbols are displayed in the legend along with text descriptions of what each of the symbols represents.
A map legend is a useful tool that is used in a multitude of areas such as mall maps, hiking trail maps, and even video game maps.
Note: Legend items can be used to quickly set tool styles as well as bulk style change.
Creating a Legend
- In the bottom left of Map View, click on Create a Legend.
- Select the type of overlay you want to describe; Line, Polygon, or Marker.
For this example, select: "Marker".
- Under the "Title/Category", enter a short explanation for the overlay.
- Click "Change Marker" to select the marker you are representing.
- (Optional) Check "Allow Toggle" if you wish to toggle the Legend item on and off.
- Click the "ADD" button.
You will see the item has been added.
- Click "X" to close the window.