Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Note: The marker cannot be plotted if the group includes one of these overlays:
- Isometric shape.
- Image overlay.
Create the overlays
- Create two or more overlays: For example; two markers and a polygon.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links:
Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
Draw a straight line - (Line Tool)
Draw a freeform line - (Draw Tool)
Draw a precise curved line - (Pen/Curve Tool)
Draw a flight line - (Flight Line Tool)
Add the overlays to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Select the marker style and the group
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
- Under the "Analysis" heading > "Center" subheading, click on the link: "Center of Mass".
- Under the "Marker" heading, click on the button: "select".
The marker selector window will pop up.
- In the left menu pane, click on the folder/sub-folders, then a category. For this example, we’ll choose; Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue.
- (Optional) You can change the size of the marker. In the bottom-right corner of the window, click on the drop-down list to select: 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25%.
Note: When you zoom in or out in the Map View, the default setting is: marker size remains the same.
- In the right window pane, click on the marker style to select it.
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click on the button: "select".
- Click on the group you created.
Plot, view, and name the marker
- Click on the button: "Plot Center of Mass".
- A pop-up will appear that says the center of Mass has been plotted. Click "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
- In the Layers Panel, you will see the marker’s row is titled: "Center of Mass". You can click on the Pencil Icon to edit the title.
- In the Map View, you may have to zoom in or out to see the marker that represents the center of mass of a group of overlays. To find the marker quickly, click on the centering button on the marker’s row in the Layers Panel. The button is the outlined square with a dot at the center.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how, visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool)
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels
Make the size of a marker shrink when you zoom out
Article is closed for comments.