Colour swatches enable you to save colours to use later in the browser session.
When you close the current browser window, all swatches reset to white.
(Option 1) - Open the colour selector window for the line/border colour
In the top toolbar, click the Pencil Icon displaying the tooltip: "Changes line/border colour".
The line/border colour can be used for:
- Lines - straight lines, freeform lines, precise curved lines, flight lines, and dimension lines.
- Borders of circles, rectangles, and polygons.
Note: If you're creating a swatch to change the colours of a label, you can select the Pencil Icon or the Bucket Icon.
(Option 2) - Open the colour selector window for the fill area colour
In the top toolbar, click the Bucket Icon displaying the tooltip: "Change fills. Fill connected lines".
The fill area colour can be used for the interiors of: circles, rectangles, and polygons.
Create the swatch
- At the bottom of the colour selector window, click on one of the gray outlined squares. Then choose a colour.
To choose the colour:
There are 2 options for this step:Option 1
Type the Hex Colour Code into the field.Option 2
- Click on the "White+Colour" field to choose how much white is mixed with a colour.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Colour".
(Optional) In the "Opacity" field, type-in the non-transparency percentage of the final colour.
The opacity value:
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid colour.
- You will see the swatch square updated as you change the colour.
- (Optional) To create up to 11 swatches, repeat step #1.
Note: To change the colours of a label, transfer to this article: Change a label's colour individually - Background or Border
Create the overlay
- Select the swatch you want to use by clicking the coloured swatch square.
- In the Map View, create the overlay (line or shape).
Draw a straight line - (Line Tool)
Draw a freeform line - (Draw Tool)
Draw a precise curved line - (Pen/Curve Tool)
Draw a flight line - (Flight Line Tool)
Draw a straight line including the distance measurement - (Dimension Line Tool)
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
- In the Map View, you will see the line/border or fill area displays the colour of the swatch.
Article is closed for comments.