Open the marker selector window
Select the Marker Tool in the top toolbar.
Quick Key: Or you can press the "M" button on your keyboard.
Choose a Marker
(Option 1) Use the default list to select a marker style
- Click on the marker you want to use from the list of default markers.
(Option 2) Use the marker library to select a marker style
- Click on the + sign to the right of the default list.
- In the left menu pane, click on the folder/sub-folders, then a category.
In the right pane, you will see the list of marker styles.
- Click on a marker style to select it.
In the default marker selector window, you will see the mouse cursor is now the selected marker style.
(Option 3) Use the search box to select a marker-style
- To the left of the default marker list, you will see a search icon displaying the message: "Search for marker".
- Type in a keyword for the marker styles you want to find.
You will see the marker styles that include the keyword in the name.
- Click on a marker style to select it.
In the Map View, you will see the mouse cursor is now the selected marker style.
Customize Your Marker
(Optional) Change the rotation of the marker
On the left side of the Map View, click on the rotation wheel to choose what the new rotation will be.
(Optional) Flip the marker
On the left side of the Map View, click on the "Flip" checkbox.
(Optional) Select the colour of the marker
To choose the colour:
- There are 2 options for this step:Option 1
Type the Hex Colour Code into the field.Option 2
- Click on the "White+Colour" field to choose how much white is mixed with colour.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Colour".
- (Optional) In the "Opacity" field, type in the non-transparency percentage of the final colour.
The opacity value:
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid colour.Note: You can save colours to use later. To learn how, visit this link: Save a colour swatch, then apply it to a new line, shape, or label
Note: Not all markers are colourable.
(Optional) Select the size of the marker
On the left side of the Map View, click on the up and down arrows or type in the size you want.
Note: When you zoom in or out in the Map View, the regular setting is: a marker's size remains the same. However, you can make the size of the marker become smaller when you zoom-out beyond the current zoom-level. To learn how, visit this link: Make the size of a marker shrink when you zoom out
Add the Marker
Choose the marker’s location
In the Map View, click the location where you want to place the marker.
(Optional) Add title and description text to the marker
In the marker editor window, type the text into the "Title" field and/or the "Description" field.
Save the marker
In the marker editor window, click the "SAVE" button.
(Optional) View the marker’s row in the Layers Panel
Note: To view the Layers Panel, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Quick Key: Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- (Optional) If the Layers Panel isn't open on the right side of the browser window, click the vertical bar.
- In the Map View, hover over the marker.
In the Layers Panel, you will see the marker’s row is highlighted.
Add/Remove Marker From Favourites
Add to favourites
Click on the favourite's star at the bottom right on the selected marker.
The Name for Bookmark window will appear.
Enter a name for your Marker.
- (Optional) Click Set Default Attributes to set a default Title and/or Description for this marker.
- Click the Save button.
Remove from favourites
- Similar to adding a marker to favourites, click on the favourite's star.
- Click the Yes button.
You will see that the favourited marker has been removed from the default list.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how; visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool)
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels
To learn about grouping overlays, visit this link: Add an overlay to a group/folder