Input the coordinates
Note: To learn how to create a marker, visit this link: Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
- In the Map View, right-click on the marker.
The "Overlay" menu will appear
- Click "Edit Info".
The marker editor window will appear.Note: The coordinates for markers are in Decimal Degrees (DD) format.For example: the Statue of Liberty is located at:
- Latitude "40.689249400".
- Longitude "-74.044500400".
- Copy the example latitude coordinate from step #2.
Copy by clicking-and-dragging to highlight the latitude coordinate. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + C (for Windows).
- Command + C (for Macs).
- In Scribble Maps, paste the coordinate in the marker editor window.
Paste by triple-clicking on the "Latitude" field. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + V (for Windows).
- Command + V (for Macs).
- Copy-and-paste the longitude coordinate.
- In the marker editor window, click the "SAVE" button.
Find the marker in the Map View
(Optional) In the Map View, you may have to move and zoom the map to see the marker in the new location.
To move the map:
- Select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
- In the center of the Map View, you will see the crosshair reticle.
- In the Map View, click-and-drag the map so the chosen location is at the reticle.When you later zoom, you will see the map zooms to/from the location at the reticle.To zoom-in/out, there are 2 options:Option 1In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the:
- Zoom-in button, "+".
- Zoom-out button, "-".Option 2Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.For Windows
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-out.For Mac
- Scroll backwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-out.
(Optional) View the marker's row in the Layers Panel
Note: To view the Layers Panel, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- (Optional) If the Layers Panel isn't open on the right-side of the browser window, click the vertical bar.
- In the Map View, hover over the marker.
In the Layers Panel, you will see the marker's row is highlighted.