Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the Markers
- Create at least 2 markers.
To learn how to create markers, visit this link:
(Optional) Add the markers to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Create the overlay
- Create an overlay over the markers.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links
Count the Markers
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Count" subheading, click on the link: "Markers in Polygon".
- Under the "Polygon" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the polygon from the list.
- (Optional) Under the "Count in group (optional)" heading, click the button: "select". Then click to select the folder from the list.
- Click the "Count Markers in Polygon" button.
- A new window will appear, with the total amount of markers within your selection. Click "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how; visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool).
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels.