When the user clicks on the link in the marker’s info bubble, Google Maps will appear in a new browser tab. Google Maps will display the directions for how the user can travel from their current location to the marker location.
Add the directions link
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In the Map View, click on the marker.
The info bubble will pop up.
- Click on the Pencil Icon.
The marker editor window will pop up.
- Click on the Car Icon that has the tooltip: "Add Directions Link".
The marker’s description field now includes a link that displays the text: "Get Directions Here".
- Click on the "Save" button.
Test the link
- To view the link, select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
- Click on the marker.
The info bubble’s description will include the link.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how, visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool).