Note: To type in the length, you must be logged in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Draw the line
To learn how; visit these links:
Type-in the line’s length
- Select the "Edit/Measure Tool" in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- In Map View, you will see a pop-up on the left side. Select "Length & ° ".
- Hover over the line or line segment. Then click on the Precise Adjustment Tool located at the midpoint.
The precise editor window will appear.
(Optional) If the Precise Adjustment Tool isn't visible for a line segment, you may need to zoom in.
To zoom in, there are 2 options:
In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the: Zoom-in button, "+".
Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backward to zoom in.
- In the precise editor window, click a lock to choose which end-point will remain in place when you change the length.
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the selected end-point.
(Optional) If the precise editor window is blocking your view, click-and-drag on the border of the precise editor window.
- Under the "Length" heading, click on the drop-down list to select the length units.
The options are:
- Feet Inches - (0’0").
- Nautical Mile.
- In the "Length" field, type in the new length-value. You can also change the length-value by clicking on the up/down arrows.
Between the 2 locks in the precise editor window, you will see how many units are being added/subtracted.
- (Optional - For line segments) If you want to change the length of another segment, click on either of the buttons: "Prev" or "Next".
In Map View, you will see the lock move to the end-point of the new selected segment.
Repeat the procedure starting from step #4.
- Click "SAVE".
In Map View, you will see the length is updated.
View the length/bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the bearing of a straight line or freeform line segment
Type in the bearing of an edge on a polygon
Type in the length of an edge on a polygon
Type in the length of an edge on a rectangle
Type in the length of a circle’s radius