Draw the circle
- In the Map View, move and zoom the map so you can see where you want to draw the circle.
To move the map:
- Select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
- In the center of the Map View, you will see the crosshair reticle.
- In the Map View, click-and-drag the map so the chosen location is at the reticle.
When you later zoom, you will see the map zooms to/from the location at the reticle.
To zoom-in/out, there are 2 options:
In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the:
- Zoom-in button, "+".
- Zoom-out button, "-".
Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-out.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-out.
- Select the Circle Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "O" button on your keyboard.
- (Optional) Choose the color of the circle's fill area.
To choose the color:
- In the top toolbar, select the Fill Color Picker.
The Fill Color Picker is the Bucket Icon displaying the tooltip: "Change fills. Fill connected lines".
There are 2 options for this step:
Type the Hex Color Code into the field.
- Click on the "White+Color" field to choose how much white is mixed with a color.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Color".
(Optional) In the "Opacity" field, type-in the non-transparency percentage of the final color.
The opacity value:
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid color.
- (Optional) Choose the color of the circle's border.
The Border Color Picker is the Pencil Icon displaying the tooltip: "Changes line/border color".
- (Optional) Choose the border thickness.
To the right of the Border Color Picker:
- Click on the up/down arrows.
- Type the number into the field.
- (Optional) Choose the border style
To the right of the border thickness selector:
- Click on the current border style.
- On the drop-down list, click to select the new border style.
- In the Map View, draw the circle by clicking-and-dragging from the circle’s center to the exterior.
(Optional) View the shape's row in the Layers Panel
Note: To view the Layers Panel, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- (Optional) If the "LAYERS" Panel isn't open on the right-side of the browser window, click the vertical bar.
- In the Map View, hover over the shape.
In the Layers Panel, you will see the shape's row is highlighted.
Add an overlay to a group/folder