Draw a line
- Select the Line Tool in the top toolbar.
- In the Map View, click and drag to draw a line.
Open and move the Settings window
- At the bottom-left corner of the Map View footer, click on the Gear Icon.
The Settings window will pop-up.
- (Optional) If the Settings window is blocking your view of the line you drew, click and drag on the border of the Settings window.
View the info bubble when “Auto” is selected for the coordinate display format
- Under the headings, “Map Settings” > “Grid”, click on the drop-down list. Then select: “None”.
- Under the headings, “Map Settings” > “Coord Display”, click on the drop-down list. Then select: “Auto”.
Note: If you select “Auto”, the coordinate display format will be determined by what is selected under the “Grid” heading.
- In the top toolbar, select the Edit/Measure Tool.
- In the Map View, hover the cursor over the line's start or endpoint.
- You will see an info bubble appear that displays the coordinates. Since “None” is selected for the grid, the display for “Auto” will be:
- Lat: Decimal Degrees (Degrees Minutes Seconds)
- Lng: Decimal Degrees (Degrees Minutes Seconds)
- Lat: 40.689249400 (40°41′21″N)
- Lng: -74.044500400 (74°2′40″W)
More options for the coordinate display format
In the Settings window, click on the drop-down list under “Coord Display” again. You can select from these options:
- WGS84 - World Geodetic System, 1984.
- DMS (DD°MM’SS”) - Degrees Minutes Seconds.
- USNG - United States National Grid.
- MGRS - Military Grid Reference System.
Note: In the center of the Map View footer, you will also see the coordinates displayed in the format you select. The reticle at the center of the Map View determines these coordinates.