Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the lines
- In Map View, draw your lines.
To learn how to create the lines, visit these links:
Add the lines to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each line’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of lines, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Calculate the Cost
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
The "Operations & Analysis" window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Cost Per Unit" subheading, click on the link: "Cost Per Unit > Length * Cost Per Unit".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "Select".
- Click to select the group from the list.
- Under the "Unit" heading, select the unit of measurement.
- Feet Inches
- Nautical Mile
- Under the "Cost per Unit" heading, enter the cost of each unit.
- Click the "Aggregate Data" button. A new window will appear, with a table where you will see the Total Cost for the attributes in the table.
- Click "X" to close the window.