Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Draw the lines, shapes, and labels
- In Map View, draw a line. For example; a straight line.
To learn how to create the lines, visit these links:
Draw a straight line - (Line Tool)
Draw a freeform line - (Draw Tool)
Draw a precise curved line - (Pen/Curve Tool)
Draw a flight line - (Flight Line Tool)
- Draw a shape. For example; a rectangle.
To learn how to create the shapes, visit these links:
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
- Create a label.
To learn how to create the label, visit this link:
Add the overlays to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Select the folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
You will see a window appear titled: "Operations & Analysis".
- Under the headings, "Bulk" > "Shape Style", click on the link: "Rainbowify".
- Under the heading, "Select Group", click on the button: "select".
- Click to select the folder you created.
Rainbowify the overlays
- Click on the button: "Rainbowify".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations & Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
In Map View, you will see the randomized colours of the selected overlays.
Change the colour of a group of lines and borders - "Shape Style > Line Style"
Change the colour of a group of fill areas - "Shape Style > Fill Style"
Article is closed for comments.