Create the markers
- Create the first marker at the location you want the grid to start from.
To learn more about creating markers, visit this link:
Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
- Create the second marker at the location you want the grid to end at.
Select the line style, and end cap style
- Choose the line style.
To the right of the line thickness selector, click on the current line style. Then click to select the new line style from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the line’s end cap style.
To the right of the line style selector, click on the current cap style. You can change the style to either round or square.
Configure the grid
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Create" heading > "Grid" subheading, click on the link: "Markers".
- Under the heading, Marker #1, click on the button: "select".
- In the window that appears, click on the marker you want the grid to start from.
- Under the heading, Marker #2, click on the button: "select".
- In the window that appears, click on the marker you want the grid to end at.
- Under the heading, "Cell Count", type in the number of column cells you want on the grid. (Max. 100). You can also use the up/down arrows to input the cell count.
- Under the heading, "Line Weight", type in the value for the thickness of the lines. (Max. 7). You can also use the up/down arrows to input the line weight.
Select the color of the grid
- Under the heading, "Line Color", click on the rectangle that displays the currently selected color.
To choose the color:
There are 2 options for this step:
Type the Hex Color Code into the field.
- Click on the "White+Color" field to choose how much white is mixed with color.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Color".
Type in the "Opacity" value to choose the non-transparency percentage of the final color.
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid color.
Create, view, and edit the grid
- Click on the button: "Create Grid".
- In the pop-up that appears, click "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
- In the Layers Panel, you will see a folder that holds all of the grid lines.
- In Map View, you may have to zoom in or out to see the grid between the two markers. To find the grid quickly, click on the centering button on the grid folder’s row in the Layers Panel. The button is the outlined square with a dot at the center.
- If you select the Edit/Measure Tool, you can measure, edit, and move the grid lines.
Draw a straight line - (Line Tool)
Create a travel time grid around a marker - "Travel Time > Grid