Create the label
To learn how; visit this link:
Note: A label isn’t affected by the original settings for the border/fill area colours or border thickness.
Change the border/fill area colours, and the border thickness
- (Optional) Choose the colour of the label's border.
To choose the colour:
- In the top toolbar, select the Border Colour Picker.
The Border Colour Picker is the Pencil Icon displaying the tooltip: "Changes line/border colour".
There are 2 options for this step:
Type the Hex Colour Code into the field.
- Click on the "White+Colour" field to choose how much white is mixed with colour.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Colour".
(Optional) In the "Opacity" field, type in the non-transparency percentage of the final colour.
The opacity value:
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid colour.
- (Optional) Choose the colour of the label's fill area.
The Fill Colour Picker is the Bucket Icon displaying the tooltip: "Change fills. Fill connected lines".
- (Optional) In the top toolbar, change the border thickness setting.
For this example, change the setting to "8".
- Select the "Fill/Change Colour Tool" in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "G" button on your keyboard.
- In the Map View, click on the label.
You will see the colours/thickness have been updated.
Change a label's colours individually - Background or Border
Hide/show a label’s background and border