Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the overlays
- In Map View, create your overlays.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
Add the overlays to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Calculate the Count, Sum, and Average
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
The "Operations & Analysis" window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Measurement" subheading, click on the link: "Sum/Average Areas".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the group from the list.
- Under the "Unit" heading, select the unit of measurement.
- Square Metre
- Square Kilometre
- Square Foot
- Square Yard
- Square Mile
- Under the "Method" heading, select Sum or Average from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Aggregate Data" button. A new window will appear, with a table where you will see the Sum or Average for the attributes in the table.
- Click "X" to close the window.
Sum or Average all lengths in a group - "Measurement Sum/Average Lengths"
Article is closed for comments.