Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the markers
- Create at least 2 markers for each region.
To learn how to create markers, visit this link:
Create the attributes
- Add the attributes.
To learn how to create a Number Any Attribute, see; Enforce the type of values in a shared attribute.
Create the overlays
- Create an overlay for each region where the markers are located.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links
Add the overlays to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Calculate the Count, Sum, and Average
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Attribute Data" subheading, click on the link: "Markers in Multiple Regions".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the group from the list.
- (Optional) Check Add Value(s) To Region to add the value of the calculation as a parameter to the overlay.
- Under the "Sum/Average/Count" heading, locate the attributes you created. Then select Sum/Avg/Count from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Aggregate Data" button. A new window will appear, with a table where you will see the Count, Sum, and/or Average for the attributes in the table.
- Click "X" to close the window.