To save attributes, you must be logged in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
To learn the basics about attributes, we recommend you perform the procedure at this link: How to manually add an attribute to an overlay
Create the markers
- Create 2 markers.
To learn how to create markers, visit this link:
Create a marker - (Marker Tool)For this example, you can select these marker styles:
- Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue > 1.
- Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue > 2.
- Under each of the "Title" headings, type in the name for each marker. For example: "Marker 1" and "Marker 2".
Create the attribute
- Add the attribute.
To learn how to create a Number Any Attribute, see; Enforce the type of values in a shared attribute.
Create the overlay
- Create an overlay where the markers are located.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
Calculate the Count, Sum, and Average
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Attribute Data" subheading, click on the link: "Markers in Region".
- Under the "Region" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the overlay from the list.
- (Optional) Check Add Value(s) To Region to add the value of the calculation as a parameter to the overlay.
- Under the "Sum/Average/Count" heading, locate the "Number Any" attribute you created. Then select Sum/Avg/Count from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Aggregate Data" button.
A new window will appear, with a table where you will see the Count, Sum, and/or Average for the attributes in the table.
- Click "X" to close the window.
Aggregate Marker data for regions in a group - "Attribute Data Markers in Multiple Regions".
Calculate the Count, Sum, and Average of attributes in a group - "Attribute Data Overlays in Group".
Article is closed for comments.