To save attributes, you must be logged in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
To learn the basics about attributes, we recommend you perform the procedure at this link: How to manually add an attribute to an overlay
In this example, we will calculate the Count, Sum and Average of the Area SQKM of overlays in a group.
Create the overlays
- Create 2 or more overlays.
To learn how to create the overlays, visit these links
Add the overlays to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Create an Area SQKM attribute
- Add the attribute.
To learn how to create an Area SQKM Attribute, see; Enforce the type of values in a shared attribute.
Calculate the Count, Sum and Average
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Aggregate" heading > "Attribute Data" subheading, click on the link: "Overlays in Group".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the group from the list.
- Under the "Sum/Average/Count" heading, locate the "Area SQKM" attribute. Then select Sum/Avg/Count from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Aggregate Data" button.
A new window will appear, with a table of the overlays and the Area SQKM attribute. At the bottom, you will see the Count, Sum and Average of the attributes in the table.