Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the markers
Create 2 of the same-style markers. For example: this marker style - Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue > 1.
To learn how to create markers, visit this link:
- Create 1 marker that’s a different style. For example: this marker style - Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Green > 2.
Create a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
(Optional) - To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
Specify the marker style for the match
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
- Under the "Bulk" heading > "Add To Group" subheading, click on the link: "By Marker".
- Under the "Select Marker" heading, click on the button: "select".
- Select the marker style you want to add to the group. For example: this marker style - Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue > 1.
Select the group
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click on the button: "select".
- Click on the group you created earlier.
Move the matching markers to the group
- Click on the button: "Add To Group".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
View the matching markers in the group
- Look in the Layers Panel, you will see the matching markers have been added to the group.
If you want the map to continuously display information about the marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how, visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool).
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels.