- Find the source easting/northing coordinates. For example, you can use Google to find the coordinates of a location.
- The coordinates must be in the BNG format that includes the grid letters.
"Grid letters" "Easting coordinate" "Northing coordinate"
For example: "TQ 30031 80374" or "TQ3003180374"
The Easting and Northing coordinates must each have:
- 1-5 digits.
- The same number of digits.
- Click and drag to highlight the coordinates. Then press:
- Ctrl+C (for Windows).
- Cmd+C (For Mac).
Search the location
- Find the "Search…" field in the top toolbar.
- Paste the coordinates by pressing:
- Ctrl+V (for Windows).
- Cmd+V (For Mac).
- In the left pane of the pop-up, click on the coordinates that start with; "BNG".
You will see the map move and zoom to the location.
- If you want to add a marker, click on the link that’s in the coordinates’ pop-up.
Search for a location by category
Search for a location by the marker’s title
Search for a location by address, ZIP code, postal code, post code, or plus code
Search for a location by lat/long coordinates in DD format
Search for a location by lat/long coordinates in DMS format
Search for a location by name