Select the general area
- Find the "Search…" field in the top toolbar.
- Type in the name of the general area you want to search, such as; the city, town, or county name. For example, search for: "Detroit".
- In the left pane of the pop-up, click on the name of the general area.
Select the categories
- In the right pane of the pop-up, scroll down the "Nearby Search" list to find the checkbox for the category you want to search for. The top of the list displays "Popular Categories". The rest of the list displays "Other" categories. For this example, click the checkbox for the "Other" category: "Museum".
Note: By clicking multiple checkboxes, you can search for multiple categories.
- The list of categories will move to the left pane, and the right pane will now display the heading: "Looking for". Underneath the heading, you will see the list of categories you selected. Click the button: "Find places".
Add markers to the places
In the Map View, you will see several green dots that each represent a "place".
On the right-pane of the pop-up, you will see a list of "place names" that each corresponds with a green dot.
- You can change the "Range" (radius) of the search area. On the top of the left pane, click the drop-down to change the "Range". For example: "5 miles".
- On the right-pane, you can click and drag the scroll bar to view the full list of places.
(TIP) When you hover over a specific place on the list, you will see a temporary marker appear on the corresponding green dot on the map.
- To add a marker to the place’s green dot, click the (+) button that’s next to the place name on the list. You will see the:
- (+) button has changed into a green checkmark.
- Marker is in the Layers Panel.
- Marker is placed on the map.
- You can automatically add markers to all of the green dots. At the bottom of the right pane, click the button: "Add All". You can also remove all of the markers you added, by clicking the button: "Remove All".
Move the map to center on a place
- You can make the Map View move so a place’s green dot is at the center. Click on the blue marker that’s next to the place’s name on the list.