Select the map provider and style
- In the bottom-right corner of the Map View, you will see the base map selector displays a thumbnail image.
- Click the currently selected name of the map provider/category/source.
- In the flyout list, click to select the map provider and style.
Note: Not all maps can zoom in to the level required.
Adjust the zoom and view of the map
- Select the "Draw Tool" in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "D" button on your keyboard.You will see the current zoom level at the center of the map footer. For example: "Zoom:12".
- In Map View, you will see a pop-up on the left side. Click the checkbox: "Road Snap".
In the bottom-center of the Map View, you will see a pop-up that tells you how many levels you have to zoom in to use the road snap feature.
- Click to zoom-in, until the map zooms in to the magnification level you want to see.
To zoom-in, there are 2 options:Option 1In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the:
Option 2Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.For Windows
- Zoom-in button, "+".
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-in.
- (Optional) While zooming in, you may need to adjust the Map View. First, select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar. Then click and drag the map.
Or you can hold the "SHIFT" button on your keyboard and drag the map.
Select the color and styles of the directions line
- In the top toolbar, select the Line Color Picker by clicking the Circle/Pencil Icon that has the tooltip: "Changes line/border color".
- Type the Hex Color Code into the field.
ORClick on the "White+Color" Field to choose how much white is mixed with color.
- Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Color".
- Type in the "Opacity" value to choose the non-transparency percentage of the final color.
- 0% opacity is invisible.
- 50% opacity is see-through.
- 100% opacity is the solid color.
- Choose the line thickness.
To the right of the Line Color Picker, click on the up/down arrows. You can also type in the number.
- Choose the line style.
To the right of the line thickness selector, click on the current line style. Then click to select the new line style from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the line’s end cap style.
To the right of the line style selector, click on the current cap style. You can change the style to either round or square.
Draw the line
- In Map View, click and drag to draw the line along the highlighted roads.
You will see the line snaps to the road.
You may want to add markers to certain locations on the line. See: Create a marker - (Marker Tool).
You may also want to add labels to certain locations on the line. See: Create a label - (Label Tool).