Note:This article explains how to create a clickable marker.For a general article explaining how to create a clickable overlay (rectangle, etc.), visit this link:
Create a clickable overlay for linking to a web pageTo learn how to create a clickable label, visit this link:
Create a clickable label for linking to a web page
Create the marker
Note: For more detail about how to create markers, visit this link: Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
- Select the Marker Tool in the top toolbar.
The marker selector window will pop up
- In the left-menu pane, click on the folder/sub-folders, then a category.
For this example, we’ll choose: Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue.In the right-pane, you will see the list of specified marker styles.
- Click a marker style to select it. For this example, we’ll select: "1".
In the Map View, you will see the mouse cursor is now the selected marker style.
- In the Map View, click the location where you want to place the marker.
The marker editor window will pop-up.
- Click the checkbox: "Open Link".
You will see the "Link" window appear.
Copy and paste the web address
- Open a new browser tab to display the web page you want the marker to link to.
Or use this example URL, the Wikipedia homepage:
- Copy the web page's URL.
Copy by clicking to highlight the URL. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + C (for Windows).
- Command + C (for Macs).
- Return to the browser tab displaying Scribble Maps.
- Paste the URL into the "Link" window.
Paste by clicking the "Link" field. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + V (for Windows).
- Command + V (for Macs).
Select where the web page will load
- Click the drop-down list to select whether you want the web page to:
- Load in a "New Window" tab.
- Replace the map in the "Same Window" tab.
Warning: If you select "Same Window", the user’s unsaved map data may be lost when the tab transfers from the map to the web page.
- Load in a "New Window" tab.
- Click the "Set Link" button.
- In the marker editor window, click the "SAVE" button.
Test the clickable link
- Select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can hold down the "Shift" button on your keyboard.
- In the Map View, click the marker.
- There's 2 options for this step:
Option 1If you selected "New Window", you will see the web page load in a new tab.Option 2If you selected "Same Window", you will see the browser warn you about losing unsaved data. After you save the map, click the button to leave the map.You will see the web page replace the map in the browser tab.
You can use a preset region polygon to create a clickable region. For example: New York City. A map viewer can then click the polygon to hyperlink to NYC's Wikipedia page. To learn how to create clickable regions, visit this link:
Create a clickable region polygon for linking to a web page
You can also add a clickable region polygon to an embedded map on a website. For example, the website of a real estate company. A website visitor can then click the polygon to hyperlink to a web page displaying the properties for sale in the region. To learn how to embed maps on blogs and websites, visit this link:
Embed a map on a blog/website - General