Note: This is an instruction for embedding a map in a Reddit post. The embedded map can include limited interactive features, because Reddit posts don't allow the embed code.At the end of this article, there's a list of instructions for:
- General blogs/websites.
- Specific blogs/websites.
Create a post in Reddit
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- In the top-left corner of the page, click your profile name. Then click the drop-down list to select the community where you want to post the map.
- On the community page, click the button: "New Post".
The app will transfer to the page: "Create a post".
- Leave the browser tab open. We'll return to Reddit later.
Save the map
- In a new browser tab, open Scribble Maps at:
- Open the map.
These are the possible methods:
Load a map from the Your Maps window
Load a map by using the Map ID - "Menu > Load Import"
- (Optional) Make any changes to the map.
- In the top toolbar, click the "MENU" button.
- Under the "Scribble Maps" heading, click the "Save Map" button.
The "SAVE MAP" window will appear.
- Click the button: "SAVE MAP".
The "Map Saved" window will appear.
Copy and paste the embed code
In the "Map Saved" window, click to select the:
- "Share Link".
The user can click and drag to view new sections of the map. The user can also zoom the map for new views.
Note: If you embed the "Share Link", future changes saved to the map automatically register on the embedded map.OR
- "Image Link".
The user can view a PNG image.
Note: If you embed the "Image Link", future changes saved to the map will not automatically register on the embedded map.
- "Share Link".
- When you're ready to embed the map, copy the link you chose in Scribble Maps.
Copy by clicking the link's field. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + C (for Windows).
- Command + C (for Macs).
- Return to the Reddit browser tab.
- Above the "Title" field, you will see 4 horizontal tabs. Click to select the "Link" tab.
- Paste the embed code text in the Reddit post.
Paste by clicking the "Url" field. Then use your keyboard to press:
- Ctrl + V (for Windows).
- Command + V (for Macs).
Publish the post
- In the "Title" field, type in the title of the post.
Note: For a "Share Link", the title will be added automatically.
- When ready, click the "Post" button.
- (Optional) The embedded map may require several minutes to appear in the post. If the map doesn't appear in 10 minutes, delete the post. Then create a new post.
Google basemaps - Views per month
Note: Once your Google map exceeds the number of read-only visits per month, your basemap will revert to a Scribble Maps basemap or similar equivalent map.
- Pro Basic - 1,500 views/month
- Pro Business - 5,000 views/month
Embed a map on a blog/website - General
Embed a map on a website you're building
Embed a map in a WordPress post - (self-hosted domain)
Embed a map in a WordPress post - (WP-hosted domain)
Article is closed for comments.