To draw a precise curved line, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
If you want to draw a smooth freeform line, visit this link: Draw a freeform line - (Draw Tool)
Select the line's colour, thickness, style, and end cap style
- Login to your Scribble Maps account at:
- Select the Pen/Curve Tool in the top toolbar.
- (Optional) Choose the colour of the line.
To choose the colour:
- In the top toolbar, select the Line Colour Picker.
The Line Colour Picker is the Pencil Icon displaying the tooltip: "Changes line/border colour".
There are 2 options for this step:
Type the Hex Colour Code into the field.
- Click on the "White+Colour" field to choose how much white is mixed with a colour.
- (Optional) Click on the Shade Bar to choose how much gray or black is mixed with the "White+Colour".
(Optional) In the "Opacity" field, type-in the non-transparency percentage of the final colour.
The opacity value:
- 0% is invisible.
- 50% is see-through.
- 100% is the solid colour.
- (Optional) Choose the line thickness.
To the right of the Line Colour Picker:
- Click on the up/down arrows.
- Type the number into the field.
- (Optional) Choose the line style
To the right of the line thickness selector:
- Click on the current line style.
- On the drop-down list, click to select the new line style.
- (Optional) Choose the line’s end cap style.
To the right of the line style selector, click on the current cap style. You can change the style to either round or square.
Draw the precise curved line
- In the Map View, move and zoom the map so you can see both the:
- Start location.
- Destination location.
To move the map:
- Select the Hand Tool in the top toolbar.
- In the center of the Map View, you will see the crosshair reticle.
- In the Map View, click-and-drag the map so the chosen location is at the reticle.
When you later zoom, you will see the map zooms to/from the location at the reticle.
To zoom-in/out, there are 2 options:
In the top-right corner of the Map View, click the:
- Zoom-in button, "+".
- Zoom-out button, "-".
Use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-out.
- Scroll backwards to zoom-in.
- Scroll forwards to zoom-out.
- In the Map View, click to create the first point of the line, but don’t drag. Then click to create the second point of the line.
You will see the line has a slight curve.
- (Optional) To increase the curve of the line, click and drag a handle outwards in the same direction as the curve.
- (Optional) To change the direction of the curve, click and drag a handle in a left/right circular motion.
- (Optional) To add another point, click another location on the map.
- (Optional) To move a point on the line, click and drag the point.
Note: When you click-and-drag the point, you might accidentally create a new point instead. To prevent new points from being created accidentally, you can click the checkbox on the left-side of the Map View labelled: "Lock Point Add".
- When you have finished creating the precise curved line, click the button on the left side of the Map View labelled: "COMPLETE CURVE".
(Optional) View the line’s row in the Layers Panel
- Select the Edit/Measure Tool in the top toolbar.
Or you can press the "Q" button on your keyboard.
- (Optional) If the "LAYERS" Panel isn't open on the right side of the browser window, click the vertical bar.
- In the Map View, hover over the line.
In the Layers Panel, you will see the line’s row is highlighted.
Add an overlay to a group/folder