This guide provides you with different methods to effectively share and present your maps.
NOTE: If you have a premium account, you'll have the option to make your maps private or secure. Remember that private maps can only be viewed by you, while secure maps require a password for access.
Save the map
Before we start, the first step is to ensure you have saved your map.
- In a new browser tab, open Scribble Maps at:
Open the map.
These are the possible methods:
- (Optional) Make any desired changes to the map.
Note: Changes are automatically saved and reflected in the shared link.
Save your map.
To learn how, visit; Save a map
Now that your map is saved you are ready to share it!
Use a Sharable Link
A shareable link is an excellent way to distribute your map across different platforms. There are three types of links available in the "Map Saved" window:
Share Link: Use on Social Media.
The Share Link will send people an interactive version of your map. You can share your maps on virtually any social media platform.
- Edit Link: A quick way to load your map into Scribble Maps later.
Developer Links: Access advanced map integrations.
Map links for:
You can easily share these links on social media platforms, communication services like WhatsApp, or via text messaging, allowing anyone with the link to view your map easily!
Share a map in a Reddit post
Note: This is an instruction for embedding a map in a Reddit post. The embedded map can include limited interactive features, because Reddit posts don't allow the embed code.
Create a post in Reddit
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- In the top-left corner of the page, click your profile name. Then click the drop-down list to select the community where you want to post the map.
- On the community page, click the button: "New Post".
The app will transfer to the page: "Create a post".
- Follow the steps for saving a map and getting a shareable link.
- In the "Title" field, type in the title of the post.
Note: For a "Share Link", the title will be added automatically.
- When ready, click the "Post" button.
- (Optional) The embedded map may require several minutes to appear in the post. If the map doesn't appear in 10 minutes, delete the post. Then create a new post.
Google basemaps - Views per month
Note: Once your Google map exceeds the number of read-only visits per month, your basemap will revert to a Scribble Maps basemap or similar equivalent map.
- Pro Basic - 1,500 views/month
- Pro Business - 5,000 views/month