Navigating Your Map with the Hand Tool
Get Moving with the Hand Tool
The Hand Tool is a versatile feature that allows you to navigate and customize your map effortlessly. Moving your map is necessary as you begin to customize it.
Moving Your Map
To begin customizing your map, you'll need to move it around. Follow these steps to move your map using the Hand Tool:
- Locate the Hand Tool, represented by a hand, in the toolbar.
- Click on the Hand Tool icon in the toolbar to activate it.
- To move the map using the Hand Tool, simply click and drag your mouse anywhere on the map.
Dragging your mouse to the left will cause the reticle at the center of the map to move to the right, and vice versa. The center reticle provides data about the specific location, including its approximate name, altitude, and latitude and longitude. You can find this information at the bottom center of the map.
Using the Share View
Imagine that you are a visitor interacting with your map. The Hand Tool is what they would use in the Share Link view.
Interaction with objects in the editor
If ANY polygon is created, the Hand Tool can interact with it inside of the editor:
Let's give it a try!
Create the Polygon
- Create one of these types of overlays.
- Click on the Pencil Icon located next to the shape in the Layer Panel menu.
- Change the name of the overlay
- Add any description
- Add a URL link to “Google.com”
- (Optional) Save the map
Visit this link to learn how to:
Save a map
Interact with the Polygon
- Now, use the Hand Tool and hover over the polygon to view its name.
- To make sure the URL link works correctly, click on the shape. If done correctly “Google.com” will open in a new window.