*The Road and Hybrid style maps provided by Google Maps are the only maps that can be custom styled.*
Open the custom styling editor
- In the bottom-right corner of Map View, click on the button; "Style Map".
The custom styling editor will appear in Simple Mode.
(Optional) For more advanced users, you can edit your map in Advanced Mode.
OR(Optional) Use our AI Generator to generate a style.
Select the Map Type to customize.
Custom style your map in Simple Mode
Toggle these features of the map to display them in the preview:
Labels (Road, Political, POI, Landscape, Transit, Water).
Geometry (Road, Political, POI, Landscape, Transit, Water).
Note: POI is points of interest, such as a sports complex.
- Labels (Road, Political, POI, Landscape, Transit, Water).
- You can also change the map’s main colour:
Note: Invert replaces light with dark, and dark with light. You can combine Invert with any one of the other colours.
- (Optional) In the map preview, you can zoom and move to see how the changes will look.
Custom style your map in Advanced Mode
At the bottom of the custom styling editor, click the button: Advanced Mode.
- In the top left corner, search for the map feature you want to change.
For example, transit station. So the set of modifications will affect all of the transit stations on the map.
The set of modifications made to a map feature is called a “styler”.While you are experimenting with different modifications, you can compare the map in the:
- Styler Preview - displays the styler currently being modified.
- Styled Map - displays the stylers that have been added to the list pane.
- (Optional) In the map previews, you can zoom and move to see how the changes will look.
- You create a styler by modifying these visual parameters of the map feature:
- Hue - (type in the hex colour code or select the colour).
- Lightness - (0 is the default, -100 is extremely dark, +100 is extremely bright).
- Saturation - (0 is the default, -100 is gray, +100 is rich).
- Gamma - (1 is the default, 0.01 is _____, 10 is _____).
- Weight - (0 is the default of no thickness, 50 is very thick).
- Under the Element heading, you can select whether the modifications will affect:
- All (both geometry and label).
- Geometry (only).
- Label (only).
- Under the Visibility heading, you can select whether the display of the map feature will be:
- On (visible).
- Off (not visible).
- Simplified (default backgrounds, highlights, etc. on certain map features won’t be displayed).
(Optional) If you want to delete one of the stylers, uncheck the box next to the styler in the list pane.
Custom-style your map with AI
- At the top of the menu, type in the style you want.
- No POIs
- The 80s
- From the dropdown menu, choose whether you want a Low, Medium or High Contrast.
- Click the CREATE YOUR STYLE button.