Note: To use the Add Group feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the markers
- Login to your Scribble Maps account at:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/create(Optional) To learn how to log in, visit this link:
How to login / register
- Select the Marker Tool in the top toolbar.
The marker selector window will pop up.
- Change the size of the marker. To select the size, click on the drop-down list in the bottom-right corner of the window.
For this example, we'll select: "25%".
- In the left-menu pane, click on the folder/sub-folders, then a category.
For this example, we’ll choose; Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue.
- In the right-window pane, click on the marker style to select it.
For this example, we’ll select: "1".
- Click the location on the map where you want to place the marker.
The marker editor window will pop up.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Start from step #2 again to create another marker.
- Select the size to be "50%".
- Select the marker style to be Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Green > 2.
Add the markers to a folder
- (Optional) If the Layers Panel isn't open on the right side of the browser window, click the vertical bar.
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each marker’s row into the folder.
Note: The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group. To learn about grouping overlays, visit this link: Add an overlay to a group/folder
Configure the resized markers
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations & Analysis".
- Under the "Bulk" heading, "Marker Style" subheading, click the link: "Resize".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "Select".
- Click to select the group you created in the Layers Panel.
- Under the "Scale" heading, select the new percentage size from the drop-down list.
For example: "100%".
Resize and view the markers
- Click the button: "RESIZE MARKERS".
A pop-up will appear telling you the markers have been resized.
- Click "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the "OPERATIONS & ANALYSIS" window, click the "X" button.
In Map View, you will see the markers have been changed to the new size.
To learn how to resize a single marker, visit this link: Resize a marker after it has been placed
If you want the map to continuously display information about a marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how, visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool)
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels
When you zoom in or out in the Map View, the regular setting is: a marker's size remains the same. However, you can make the size of the marker become smaller when you zoom out beyond the current zoom-level. To learn how; visit this link: Make the size of a marker shrink when you zoom out