Note: To resize the markers in a group, you must be logged-in to a Pro account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the markers
- Login to your Scribble Maps account at:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/create(Optional) To learn how to login, visit this link:
How to login / register
- Select the Marker Tool in the top toolbar.
The marker selector window will pop-up.
- Change the size of the marker. To select the size, click on the drop-down list in the bottom-right corner of the window.
For this example, we'll select: "25%".
- In the left-menu pane, click on the folder/sub-folders, then a category.
For this example, we’ll choose: Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Blue.
- In the right-window pane, click on the marker style to select it.
For this example, we’ll select: “1”.
- Click the location on the map where you want to place the marker.
The marker editor window will pop-up.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Start from step #2 again to create another marker.
- Select the size to be “50%”.
- Select the marker style to be Tabs > Numeric Tabs > Green > 2.
Add the markers to a folder
- (Optional) If the Layers Panel isn't open on the right-side of the browser window, click the vertical "LAYERS" button.
- In the top of the Layers Panel, click on the blue Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: “Add Group”.
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
- Click-and-drag each marker’s row into the folder.
Note: The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group. To learn about grouping overlays, visit this link: Add an overlay to a group/folder
Configure the resized markers
- In the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: “Operations & Analysis”.
- Under the “Bulk” heading, “Marker Style” subheading, click on the link: “Resize”.
- Under the “Select Group” heading, click on the button: “select”.
- Click to select the group you created in the Layers Panel.
- Under the “Scale” heading, select the new percentage size from the drop-down.
For example: "100%".
Resize and view the markers
- Click the button: “Resize Markers”.
A pop-up will appear telling you the markers have been resized.
- Click “Ok”.
- In the top-right corner of the "Operations and Analysis" window, click the “X” button.
In the Map View, you will see the markers have been changed to the new size.
To learn how to resize a single marker, visit this link: Resize a marker after it has been placed
If you want the map to continuously display information about a marker, you can add a label next to the marker. To learn how, visit this link: Create a label - (Label Tool)
To learn actions you can perform to improve the display of markers, visit this link: Optimize the display of markers and labels
When you zoom-in or out in the Map View, the regular setting is: a marker's size remains the same. However, you can make the size of the marker become smaller when you zoom-out beyond the current zoom-level. To learn how, visit this link: Make the size of a marker shrink when you zoom out