Errors can occur for a multitude of reasons. When background errors occur, they can often go undetected by the user, causing strange anomalies that may have nothing to do with the error itself, making it difficult to diagnose.
We needed to find a way to catch these errors before they caused further issues for users.
The Sandbox Application Errors pop-up instantly captures these errors and alerts the user before proceeding. This will help minimize the chances of causing broken maps and losing work.
How To Resolve
- When the Application Error appears, click on Save Backup to avoid losing any unsaved work.
This will save the map on your computer as an SMJSON file.
There is also a non-zero chance that the "Save Backup" button won't work. Always be sure to save your map when first loading it so that auto-save can kick in.
Saving before large changes is also recommended.
- In the top toolbar, click the "MENU" button. Then, click Load From Computer.
(Optional) If the top toolbar isn't open on the left side of the browser, click the double arrows displaying the tooltip: "Hide/reveal toolbar.
Find the location where you stored the file on your computer. The file's default download location will usually have been your "Downloads" folder.
- Format will be: "SMJSON".
- Name will end with: ".smjson".
- To select the file, click on it. Then click the "Open" button.
You will see a pop-up that displays the message: "Map Loaded".
- Click: "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the menu window, click the "X" button.
- Once the map is loaded, you can try again.
- If the error should persist after several attempts, click on the error to highlight it.
- Copy the code by pressing
- Ctrl+C (for Windows).
- Cmd+C (For Mac).
- Open a Support Ticket by clicking here.
- Fill in your name and email address.
- In the Message field, add a description of what you were trying to accomplish with as much detail and information as possible. Then paste the code by pressing:
- Ctrl+V (for Windows).
- Cmd+V (For Mac).
- Finally, complete the captcha to prove you are not a robot, then click Submit Ticket.