Note: To use this feature, you must be logged-in to a Pro Basic account. To learn how to upgrade, visit this link: How to upgrade to a Pro account
Create the overlays
- Create your overlays in Map View.
Create a marker - (Marker Tool)
Draw a straight line - (Line Tool)
Draw a freeform line - (Draw Tool)
Draw a precise curved line - (Pen/Curve Tool)
Draw a flight line - (Flight Line Tool)
Draw a straight line including the distance measurement - (Dimension Line Tool)
Draw a rectangle - (Rectangle Tool)
Draw a polygon - (Polygon Tool)
Place an isometric shape - (ISO Shape Tool)
Create an image overlay - (Image Overlay Tool)
Add the markers to a folder
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Folder Icon displaying the tooltip: "Add Group".
You will see the folder added to the Layers Panel.
Click and drag each overlay’s row into the folder.
The folder now holds a set of overlays, so the folder is considered a Group.
To learn more about grouping overlays, see; Grouping markers/elements by using folders.
- At the top of the Layers Panel, click on the Gear Icon displaying the tooltip: "Operations and Analysis".
The Operations and Analysis window will open.
- Under the "Bulk" heading > "Sort" subheading, click on the link: "Alphabetically".
- Under the "Select Group" heading, click the button: "select".
- Click to select the folder from the list.
- Click the "Sort Alphabetically" button.
- A new window will appear, to let you know that the overlays have been sorted in the selected folder. Click "Ok".
- In the top-right corner of the Operations and Analysis window, click on the "X" button.
Note: This is meant to sort alphabetically, not numerically. A common misconception is that numbers will sort from 1 to 20, when it fact it will sort, 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20.
Article is closed for comments.